Friday 8 August 2014

Review: Michael Todd True Organics

Hey everyone! :)
So today I am going to give you my review of the Michael Todd True Organics range. I actually tried out this brand in January and I used it for around 3 months and I have no idea why it's taken me so long to write this post (you can tell how sad I am since I've kept all the original packaging). I hope you enjoy this review :) 



So I actually bought the 'Skincare Discovery Kit for acne or oily skin' since that's my skin-type and I really liked how they made this kit, it's like travel sized products which actually give you a real opportunity to try the products out. If anything, this reminds me of the Clinique 3 Step Acne kit but just slightly smaller. After trying this set I totally did not understand the hype around Michael Todd at all, it didn't do anything for my skin, literally it didn't help the oil production on my skin or even reduce my breakouts. I'll review each product one by one so you can see what I think of it. You can see it here, it retails for $46.00.

(1) Cleanse: Charcoal Detox, deep pore gel cleanser (50ml)
This is a product that I neither liked nor disliked, I wouldn't use it solely by itself because it doesn't remove all traces of make-up - however it's not that uncommon that I use two types of cleansers so it's not exactly bad. It did have a nice texture and was just different to use and so I enjoyed this product in that aspect. I don't know if I would repurchase it, since I like my cleansers to actually do something - take all my make-up off or have some antibacterial spot fighting ingredients in. 


(2) Tone: Blue Green Algae, antibacterial toner (50ml)
I actually did enjoy this product, because it smells amazing, I feel like this is one out of two products which would help breakouts (since it is antibacterial). Again I couldn't notice a dramatic difference on me but I did feel like this was a nice product to use. Would I repurchase it again? Maybe, but just because it's a nice product and not really for any other benefit that it claims to do.



(3) Scrub: Jojoba Charcoal, facial scrub (40ml)
I still have some of this left, It recommends that I should use it two or three times a week so I did. However it's a really gentle scrub in my opinion and I feel like I could use it everyday. Again this was pleasant to use, but what scrub isn't? I still use it on days where I want some gentle exfoliation. But I wouldn't repurchase this again because so many other brands do scrubs just like this, so really there is no wow factor in this product for me.

(4) Hydrate: Moisture Lite, non-oily hydrating lotion (40ml)
One good thing about this is that a minimal amount is needed and apart from that I actually really dislike this product. I don't understand how 30 minutes after I use it my whole face is greasy -it's literally ridiculous. I still have this product left - I looks like I haven't made a dent in it and I have no idea if I'll ever use it again.  But seriously I wouldn't urge anyone to buy this because it did nothing for me apart from making my face look oilier. 

(5) Treat: Kaolin Clay, detoxifying facial mask (40ml)
I love this product, a total 180 from the moisturiser I just mentioned. If you can stand the smell of this then you'll love it. It smells like medicine from India or something, it's a really strange and overpowering scent but you do get used to it, it does smell natural though not like chemically overpowering. This is amazing though, clay is awesome for soaking up oil on the face so this product was bound to be a hit. I only have a tiny bit left of this since I'm saving it up for when I need it the most. This works awesomely as an overnight spot treatment too :) So I would actually urge people to try this product. 


I feel like this kit did kinda what it was supposed to, let me discover what worked for me and what I should stay clear from. What I have gathered from trying Michael Todd is that it would work for anyone who has good skin already so if you have nothing wrong with your skin then I think Michael Todd would be for you and getting those organic treatments on your skin would do it a lot of good in the long run. However people like me who want certain results from the products they are using then I from my experience this kit might not work. All in all I would be interested in trying some of their best selling products but this kit in particular didn't have the effect that I thought it would. 
I hope you have enjoyed reading my serious review on my Michael Todd discovery kit :P, I do want to say that I think the brand itself is a good concept, I really do wish that it worked on me. 
Thanks for reading, 
Anjna xx
Share:

8 comments

  1. Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster award :
    Read more about it on my blog!
    http://ramyun-pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) Thank you so much for the nomination, but i've already done it :) x

      Delete
  2. Fab post :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time out to read and comment on my blog :) I'm so pleased that you love it :) I'll check out yours now :) x

      Delete
  3. This brand looks really good! I need to check them out. x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a good brand - it works for a lot of people. Unfortunately this set didn't work for me :) x

      Delete
  4. I love getting mini sizes to try! This one is so pricy though and to bad it didn't work for you.

    http://ramyun-pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I get you, although this isn't that mini - my Clinique moisturiser is 30ml and it lasts more 2 months :)

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig